Sunday, May 8, 2011

Day fourteen-Achieving the Ultimate.

"What’s your UGW? When you expect to reach it?"
My UGW would be 120, which is a BMI of 17.5 (I'm 5'9"). My goal right now is to be below 135 by August, so I'm aiming for 10 pounds a month. That's not even that dramatic of a weight loss, since the largest "healthy" amount of weight lost per week is 2 pounds, so just half a pound more per week. However, I will have to stay extremely motivated and not stray off this plan. And I really need to start running at least 5 times a week, because that really makes a difference! I love going on powerwalks, but they're less effective…Its just the easy way out I suppose.

Someone commented and asked why I do this if I know its not healthy. Well, I am well aware that it may not be healthy, but its my mind that's not healthy. And that sounds so dumb, and if I know its wrong why don't I just stop, but I can't. I literally have tried for the past 4 years and I always come back. Its not just a 'diet'. If that was true there wouldn't be treatment centers for this kind of thing. I would love more than anything to just not care about my weight, but I can't. I can't stop fixating on it; I can't stop wishing I was better at controlling what I eat. I just can't.

Hope ya'll have a good week!

—A

1 comment:

  1. I completely sympathize with you when you say that you can't not fixate on what you eat.
    But, I just wanted to say - you and I pretty much have the same stats - 5'9", same high weight, and same UGW. I just thought that was interesting. (:

    Anyways, I wish you luck with getting down to 135 by August.

    ReplyDelete