Thursday, April 28, 2011

Dia diez- the challenges.

"What was the hardest thing you gave up during this “weight loss.”"
Ok well coming from someone who binges (ashamedly), stopping binging is the hardest part. The way the question is phrased makes me think something you like that you had to give up, and clearly I never liked binging. So I suppose the alternative would be giving up eating baked things…But I still slip and eat a little of whatever I bake when I'm testing a new recipe. The thing is, I have such a weird relationship with food in that my ultimate passion in life is baking, but I hate eating food. I.e., as ya'll probably relate to, I hate myself when I eat over 800 calories in a day. So you can imagine the tug-of-war. I also work in a restaurant, so I'm constantly being asked to try things that are packed with calories. I have been saying no though, which is a small victory. 

Anyways, I hope you are all having a marvelous Thursday thus far! I'm back to 160 this morning, which is still 5 pounds heavier than I was before Easter….dammit feast and lack of willpower. But today I have had 2 egg whites and a 1/2 tablespoon of salsa (sitting at 36 calories right now). I skipped the lunch group yesterday, thank God because I always end up eating a shit-ton at those! I do have my weekly lunch with a friend who I only see at these lunches, so I can't cancel. I do get to pick the restaurant, so I'm gonna ask if she wants to go to this salad place or somewhere with broth-y soup. I'm about to go run, I'm thinking 1 mile running, 1 walking, 1 running, 1 walking, 1 running…Since I'm still a little apprehensive about A. my injury and B. my ability, I'm going to not focus on being fast and just focus on sticking to that plan and finishing out each mile at the right pace for me and my back! 

Love you all! Think thin :]

—A

1 comment:

  1. I have a lunch today with a friend of mine and I am thinking of doing a brothy soup as well. Salads just dont sit well with me. I wish I could eat them but I have an enzyme deficiency so I actually cant process the veggies unless they are cooked. Wretched for dieting, yes?

    Wishing you the best!

    ReplyDelete